Cuba Photo Tour
An Intimate Experience through the Photographer's Eye
Capture the stunning beauty and exciting culture of Cuba
Arrive in Havana, Cuba and transfer to your casa.
We will be staying in Casa Particulars; these are houses where Americans can now stay. Casas offer an opportunity to experience the intimacy of real Cuban life in a comfortable and safe environment.
Your first day will be complete with dinner at a local Paladar – a rare business opportunity for Cubans. Paladar’s offer wonderfully delicious home-cooked meals, from the same kitchens where the family meals are prepared daily.
Begin your Cuban experience by meeting the newly self-employed taxi drivers who use their own classic US made vintage cars to transport you to a different time and place. Enjoy incredible photo opportunities as you stop at unique locations that hold the magical charm that is Cuba.
Cruise along the Malecon. Join local Cubans for a walk along the Prado, all the while absorbing the true vision of Cuba. Your guide will offer photographic sessions on light, composition, best locations and other “insider’s information” usually only available to Cubans. You will have the best spots!
Walk through Old Havana (Habana Vieja) while photographing the magnificent colonial architecture that earned it an UNESCO World Heritage Site designation. Walk through Central Park, Obispo Street, Cathedral Square, Saint Francis Abbey, a book market, shoemakers, hair-cut row and other unsurpassed locations for obtaining images.
Visit the urban center of Havana photographing the mansions of Vedado and Miramar. Drive to Finca Vigia, Ernest Hemingway’s own Moorish house, shared with his third wife, Martha Gellhorn. The house has been reconstructed into a museum—a fitting venue for the author as Hemingway wrote nine of his novels, including For Whom the Bell Tolls, and won his Nobel Prize while living there.
Discover the boxing gym of a former Olympic Champion and even meet one of the champs. Find the Che Guevara Graffiti route in Havana. Take portraits of farmers, photos of landscape in Vinales village and visit their special farms and "tobacco houses." Experience Havana´s nightlife and Malecon scenes, including sunset in the right place at the right time.
There will specials sessions on your camera’s configuration, proper lens use, composition, lighting, etc. Learn how to turn your photos into your story.
Experience Cuba, the real Cuba, through the camera lens.
Cost: Call for costs and dates
Included in your tour cost:
• Airport transfers: From José Martí Int'l Airport and return.
• All breakfasts and welcome dinner. Other lunches and dinners as listed in tour itinerary.
• All activities, services, speakers, meetings and meals as described in tour itinerary except those noted as "optional" or "not included in cost."
• Air-conditioned transportation and a full-time driver.
• Mandatory Cuban medical insurance coverage during your island stay.
Not included in your tour cost:
• International airfare to and from Cuba. Mariah Travel will assist and advise with the coordination of the best flights.
• Cuba Tourist Visa
• Gratuities for Cuban tour guide, bus driver, chambermaids, restaurant staff, porters, etc. Please inquire about recommended gratuities guidelines.
• Optional travel interruption and cancellation insurance with USI Affinity.
Please visit - https://www.eactours.com/travel-insurance